What is Tapentadol?
Tapentadol is a highly prescribed painkiller formulated to provide relief in moderate to severe short-term pain generally caused by an injury or after surgery. This medicine belongs to a group of medicines known as opioid analgesics. The painkiller works in the brain to change how your body feels and responds to pain.
Tapentadol Pill Identifier
How Tapentadol 100mg Tablets Work?
Tapentadol is an opioid medicine, also called an opiate. It is a strong painkiller that works in two ways. It binds to some tiny areas called opioid receptors in your brain and spinal cord as well as regulates the level of a chemical in your brain called low back pain. By affecting this way, the medicine helps you to decrease the way you feel pain and your reaction to it.
Warning & Precautions Before Taking Tapentadol
Some medicines are not suitable for people who are already taking certain medications, and sometimes any medicine is prescribed only if extra care is taken. For these reasons, before you start taking Tapentadol tablets, you must consult with your doctor first:
- If you are pregnant or breastfeeding
- If you have any problem the way your liver/kidney function
- If you face difficulties while passing urine
- If you are suffering from any breathing disorder like asthma or chronic obstructive pulmonary disease
- If you have low blood pressure
- If you have any problems with your thyroid or adrenal glands
- If you have epilepsy
- If you have a problem with your bile duct
- If you have been constipated for more than a week or have inflammatory bowel syndrome
- If you have recently had a severe head injury
- If you have ever been dependent on drugs
- If you have ever had an allergy to the medicine
- If you are taking any other medicines to buy without a prescription, as well as herbal and complementary medicines
How Should I Take Tapentadol?
- Before you start the treatment, read the leaflet inside the medicine pack given by the manufacturer. It will provide you with detailed information about Tapentadol and all the possible side effects which you may experience after swallowing the medicine.
- For short term pain relief, the usual dose of Tapentadol is 50 mg every 4-6 hours if needed. Take the medicine exactly as prescribed by your doctor. On the first day of your treatment, if you have severe pain your doctor may ask you to take a second dose after 1 hour of the first one. Do not take extra doses during your treatment.
- Your doctor will probably start you on a low dose of Tapentadol and generally increase your dose until your pain is not controlled. If you do not find any improvement, call your doctor. Do not increase/decrease the dose on your own without the permission of your doctor.
- When you consume Tapentadol tablets for some time, your body may become habitual to this medicine. In this condition, there are chances that your doctor will increase the Tapentadol dosage. Therefore, you must always be in touch with your doctor and let him/her know about the condition.
- There are several strengths available of this painkiller, so each time you buy Tapentadol tablets online, it is a good habit to check the strength of the medicine before consuming it. If you are not sure, confirm once with your pharmacist.
- You can take a tablet either before or after food. Swallow the tablets with a drink of water. Swallow the whole tablet- do not crush or chew.
- Do not stop taking Tapentadol without talking to your doctor. He/she will decrease your dose gradually. If you suddenly stop taking Taoentadol, you may experience withdrawal symptoms such as restlessness, irritability, teary eyes, sweating, difficulty in falling asleep, shivering, etc.
Dosing Information About Tapentadol Tablets
The dose of this medicine will be different for different patients. Follow your doctor’s order or the directions on the label. The following information includes only the average dose of this medicine.
The tablet is given every 12 hours. The total amount of milligrams per day is not the same as the total amount of regular Tapentadol taken in a day. The total amount is divided into 2 doses during the day. However, it is not usually more than 500 mg in a day. Children use and doses must be advised by the doctor.
What happens if I miss a dose?
If you miss any dose, and it is almost time for the next dose, skip the missed dose and go back to your regular dosing schedule.
What happens if I overdose?
If you experience any of the following symptoms after taking high doses, seek medical help immediately.
- Unusual breathing
- Drop-in Blood pressure
- Fast Heartbeat
What Should I Avoid While Taking Tapentadol?
Alcohol can increase the nervous system side effects of Tapentadol such as drowsiness, dizziness, and difficulty in concentrating. Some people may also experience impairment in their thinking and judgment. It is advised to take alcohol while taking Tapentadol. Do not use more than the recommended dose of this tablet, and avoid all those activities which require mental alertness such as operating machinery or driving a vehicle until you know how this medicine affects you.
What Side Effects Can Tapentadol Cause?
Some side effects of Tapentadol may occur that usually do not need medical attention like constipation. These side effects may go away during your treatment as the body adjusts to the medicine. Also, your health care professional may be able to tell you about ways to prevent or reduce some of these side effects.
Check with your healthcare professional if any of the following side effects continue or are bothersome or if you have any questions about them.
Less common side effects are:
- Bladder pain
- Body aches or pain
- Bloody or cloudy urine
- Difficult, burning or painful urination
- Difficulty with breathing
- Loss of voice
- Lower back or side pain
- Muscle aches
- Unusual tiredness or weakness
Some of the rare symptoms are:
- being forgetful or confused
- clumsiness or unsteadiness
- fast or irregular heartbeat
- feeling drunk
- irritability or restlessness
- joint pain, stiffness, or swelling
- pale or blue lips, fingernails, or skin
- rash, hives, or itching
- sensation of heaviness
- shakiness or trembling
- slurred speech
- swelling of the eyelids, face, lips, hands, or feet
- tightness in the chest
- the trouble with speaking or hoarseness
- troubled swallowing
What Are The Benefits Of Tapentadol?
Back pain, including low back pain and neck pain, is the leading cause of disability worldwide. This type of pain is challenging to treat. Tapentadol is a well-grounded treatment for chronic back pain, sustained by a strong mechanic rationale and robust evidence. This medicine is characterized by a unique peculiar mechanism of action and it is associated with a negligible incidence of adverse evidence associated with opioid therapy (constipation and gastrointestinal events.) this favourable safety profile is of utmost importance, given the frequent need for long-term treatments in patients with back pain.
Buy Tapentadol Online For Pain Relief
Painmeds365 is a leading online supplier of Tapentadol tablets online for pain relief. Being a trusted supplier of quality medicines, we help all our customers explore our website and order their medicines to get immediate relief from those long-term pain. Buy now and get your medicines at your place.
Why Choose Us To Buy Tapentadol Online?
The medicine rates are increasing at a rapid pace. The rising price of painkillers has made it difficult for many people to complete the course of their prescription. When you choose to buy medicines from our online store, you can easily get all your medicines at quite affordable rates so that everyone even with a low budget can complete their medicine course.
Ordering your medicines online is beneficial in several ways and when you buy Tapentadol medicines online you can get them easily delivered to your place as earliest as possible and this is what makes us the first choice of our customers.