Tapentadol is a centrally acting opioid analgesic of the benzenoid class, having a dual-mode of action as a norepinephrine reuptake inhibitor( NRI ), an agonist of the opioid receptor. Tapentadol as medicine was approved by the US FDA in 2008, by the MHRA of the UK in 2011, and the TGA of Australia in 2010. Its brand name is Nucynta, and analgesia happens within half an hour of taking the tablet by mouth and lasts from four to six hours.
How does Tapentadol work ?
Tapentadol 100mg works, in a typical way, since it is an opioid medication and is a strong painkiller. This medicine binds to certain small areas ( opioid receptors ) in your spinal cord and brain and controls noradrenaline, the chemical level in your nervous system. These actions lead to a reduction in the way you feel pain and react to pain. Tapentadol, is used to treating minor to very high pain for both chronic and normal musculoskeletal pain. This medication controls diabetic neuropathy pain throughout 24 hours when an opioid drug is needed.
How to take Tapentadol ?
Since Tapentadol 100mg tablet is a powerful medication, and you must follow specific instructions given by the physician. Just check out the following points.
- Before you begin the treatment, read the manufacturer’s information, printed, leaflet, from within the pack. You will acquire knowledge about tapentadol and give you a list of side effects.
- It would help if you took the tablet the same way as your physician tells you to do. The directions for taking medicine are printed on the pack’s label. The general dose of Tapentadol, which is used for getting short-term relief from pain, is 50 mg within four to six hours. You will be given oral liquid medicine or standard tablets. If the pain is long-lasting, you should take this medicine, with a specific brand known as Palexia SR ( SR means slow release), since these tablets are formulated to release the drug slowly, giving you a higher painkilling effect ). You must take this tablet two times a day.
- You must swallow this tablet with a glass of water and take tapendol after breakfast, lunch, dinner, or before having either of them. Do not crush or chew the tapentadol medicines.
- Please note that tablets present different strengths, so always verify the tablet’s power from the label whenever you purchase it. In case of doubt, you must ask the pharmacist for clarification.
- In case you miss a dose, take it as soon as it strikes you. If you recollect, then don’t forget to take medicine. However, please strictly avoid taking two doses together.
Why use Tapentadol ?
Tapentadol is one of the most affordable medicines used to relieve moderate to severe short pain, unlike other competitors and rivals.
Common side Effects
The most common side effects of tapentadol are dizziness, sleepiness, vomiting, nausea, and constipation. There are serious side effects in some instances, such as swelling / itching ( throat / face / tongue), rash, breathing trouble, respectively.